REVIEW & SWATCH | Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal



These days, everybody wants 'that glow'. I've tried my fair share of highlighters - some total hits and a few misses too. What I look for is something that doesn't have huge chunks of glitter in it, isn't over-powering and evidently, something that compliments my skin tone.

I've read and seen so much hype surrounding this product as well as the rest of Becca's much sought after skin perfector's (Champagne pop & Moonstone - I see you!!). After seeing it so much, I decided to give it a go and I picked it up in Saphora, Thailand last month.


Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector's are described as:
"A creamy powder luminizer that absorbs and reflects light for a superb natural glow"
Opal can be described as a warm peachy shade.



Prior to switching to cruelty-free only cosmetics, I adored MAC's famous 'soft & gentle' MSF. The colour is actually pretty comparable, but the texture though... the texture is not even comparable! It's just not like any-other highlighter that I have personally tried. It's so buttery and definitely feels luxurious. It just seems like they really thought about these consistency a lot in the design and make process!


I love that this highlighter isn't super in your face and it basically gives a nice angelic glow. I tend to apply it with a fan brush (morphe g23), as shown in the first image as I like that I can start off quite subtle with it, but still build it up if I wanted to.

I apply this on the highest points of my face - i.e cheekbones and sometimes the bridge of my nose and cupids bow. I've also read that it's beautiful when mixed with blush too but have yet to try it!


Above is one swatch applied by my finger and omg, just look at that glow!

Opal is priced at £32. No doubt its pretty steep but if you're a sucker for highlighters, or you're just on that search for that 'one' highlighter that works for you then I highly recommend this!

psst... this is currently only £26 on QVC! find it here.

Have you guys tried any of Becca's Skin Perfectors?


No comments :

Post a Comment