REVIEW | Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks in 'Spanked & Ma'Damn'


My obsession with Fenty Beauty continues with the launch of their new Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks. Something Rihanna and the Fenty Beauty team has done right is creating the shades to suit everyone, particularly with their amazing pro filt'r foundations, which is why the brand has received so much admiration from the beautysphere. 

Trying to decide between 14 unique shades was hard AF, but evidently, I picked up the shades I knew I would actually wear amongst the blue, green and lilac shades, which by the way look so beautiful! I picked up the mattemoiselle lipstick in Ma'Damn (love the word-play) and 'Spanked'.




First and foremost; the packaging is so gorgeous *squeals!*, which is no surprise because Rihanna has proven that she aims to aesthetically please her consumers. The embossing of the Fenty Beauty logo on the tip of the lipstick is so gorgeous, it almost made me not want to use it!
 I have to also admit that before ordering these, I assumed the packaging was going to be a heavy plastic/glass, but it's actually really light-weight and thin, which is perfect for girls who carry their lipsticks in their wallets (i'm guilty), also the streamline allows the product to be applied precisely, without a lipliner.


 Left: Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Spanked Plush Matte Lipstick | Right: Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Ma'Damn Plush Matte Lipstick

Now let's discuss the formula. The mattemoiselle plush matte lipsticks promise to be 'long-wearing' with a 'soft, matte-finish' and are available in 14 shades to suit every skin tone. I didn't swatch these on my hands as I usually do, but I applied these straight to my lips and was so surprised by how creamy they felt. I applied Spanked First, which is described as a dusty rose and evidently screams me all over. A few hours later I tried 'Ma'Damn' (again, YAS to the name), the consistency was ever-so-slightly thicker in comparison to 'Spanked', which I kind of expected for a Red-Lipstick. I absolutely adore this shade of red as it wasn't drying at all and glided on so perfectly and not patchy on my dry winter lips.

As mentioned, I didn't use a lip-liner with the lipstick, but just neatened around the edges with concealer, which is what I've been doing more and more recently. I left each lipstick on for at least 2 hours and obviously had water or had eaten something in between. The lipstick transferred onto my mug, but this didn't show patchy on my lips at all. 

The price also couldn't be any more perfect at £16.00 each. The packaging and the product quality itself is great and looks so luxurious, without having to break the bank.

Overall, I highly recommend these lipsticks and maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try the brighter shades!

Left: Spanked | Right: Ma'Damn

Have you guys tried the new Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks? What did you think, or which shades would you buy?

You can purchase the Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks here.


No comments :

Post a Comment